Hello everyone!! Happy Saturday! I can’t believe today marks 27 years on this earth for me. Where do the years go?!
Each year on my birthday, I do an anniversary blog post. I launched my blog on my 25th birthday and I have loved connecting with people through my blog over the past two years!
To celebrate my blog “anniversary,” I thought it would be fun to share 27 random facts about me so that y’all can get to know me a little better!
Here we go:
- I can’t function if I’m not organized. I live by my planner!
- A contradiction to being organized.. I am always late. always. Everyone knows it! If friends tell me to meet for dinner at 6, they know I’ll be there at 6:10.
- My favorite movie ever is Sweet Home Alabama.. I can quote the entire thing.
- I’m not a fan of going to the movies. It’s a very rare occasion. I’m just not a big fan of sitting still and watching a movie unless it’s an absolute favorite or I’m dying to see it.
- I don’t watch a lot of TV either except Monday nights. Y’all know I’m not missing The Bachelor.
- I met Harry right after my 21st birthday at the apartment complex I use to work at. I leased his very first apartment to him! (side note.. I had also just started my job at the office when we met and had no clue what I was doing.)
- I worked in the leasing office at the apartment complex for several years in college and I became really good at it. I met some of my best friends to this day there! (plus Harry!)
- I knew I wanted to be a teacher since I was a young child. I like working with kids and being in the school environment. I always thought I would want to teach kids that are a little bit older but now I’m in 4K with preschool age kids and I absolutely LOVE it!!
- Now that I’m done with my masters degree, people often ask.. “Are you done with school for good now?” The answer is most likely… yes. However, I would like to get my national board certification for teaching.
- I have established Mondays as my grocery shopping day.
- I only wash my hair twice a week! Hair maintenance can be tough.. especially for blondes. Less washing has helped my hair SO SO much!
- I do not come from a picture perfect background. However, I know I would not be the person I am today without my upbringing. There is something positive in everything!
- Most of y’all know that I grew up in a small town, Clover. I am so so proud of my home town! It’s just a unique and charming small town (I swear it’s different from all the others.. or maybe everyone says that about where they grew up?)
- I became a Christian when I was in high school and my life has forever been changed. I try to see everything through the eyes of Christ.
- One of my favorite things to do is taking our dog, Ace to the park. He could run for miles and I just love being outside with him!
- I’m always on guard when I’m out in public or in big crowds. Believe me, I’ll know if someone is being sketchy or trying to approach. I’m always looking over one shoulder.
- I value my family and friendships to a fault. That is something I will always have time for! Life would not be the same without them.
- Friday night is almost always date night for Harry and I.
- Saturday mornings, we are ready to wake- up and enjoy the day outdoors.
- I am such a planner. I love to plan events such as birthdays, parties, showers, etc. It’s just so fun! I’m also like a little kid on holidays. I love love love holidays and being festive.
- I love to decorate. I may or may not be already thinking about fall and how I want to decorate the new house for the season!
- I have such a big sweet tooth! I’m all about some cookies but please, no ice- cream.
- A go- to restaurant for me in Spartanburg is Grouchos! mmm, I love it!
- Lately, I have set a goal for myself to read one book every month. I love chic lit books!!
- I will ride any roller coaster but I can’t do rides that go round and round super fast. I get dizzy really easy.
- I’m a Carrie Underwood fanatic! I think she is the definition of classy.
- I get asked about blogging a lot and why I decided to start my blog. My answer is, I really wanted to share my faith with people because I think we need to hear more about Christ in the social media world. I do blog about other things such as clothes, beauty tricks, and life in general; but my blog is really centered around my faith! There is a lot of negative in the world and I am determined to keep my little corner of the internet a happy place!
Y’all fact 27.. I truly mean it! I hope that each time you stop in to read a blog post, you leave feeling encouraged! I also hope you know that love, hope, and peace can be found in Jesus!
Thank you for following along with me on this “online journey” through life! It means the world to me that you read my blog! If you haven’t already, hit the follow button so that you don’t miss out on future posts!
Okay, now I’m off to turn 27 with my friends and family this weekend!!
2 thoughts on “27 Things You May Not Know About Me”
Happy Birthday. I liked the post, though I have never done one of these for myself–those are thoughts for another day.
I am curious why Monday is your grocery shopping day. Here, most stuff gets sold out and the new delivery isn’t usually until Tuesday night–making Wednesday a prime grocery day.