It feels like yesterday, I was turning 21 (my golden birthday// 21 on the 21st) and here we are 8 years later turning 29!! So crazy but I’m happy I can still say I’m living in my twenties… for one more year!
I launched this blog on my 25th birthday and I have loved connecting with each of you through the blog! In honor of launching this blog 4 years ago and turning 29 today, I wanted to share 29 things that I am truly grateful for!
1. My salvation and relationship with Jesus!
2. Harry- I love you, I love you, I love you!
3. This little miracle growing inside of me! Baby C, we love you so much already!
4. My pups! Y’all know they are my babies! Ace & Nash.. I’m thankful every time I walk in the door and see y’all get excited!!
5. My family! They’re my people!! I love each person for many different reasons! Including my in- loves (in- laws)!!
6. My friends! I say it all the time, but I value each and every one of my friendships! I could not do life without them!
7. My job! I’m thankful to be able to live out my passion + work at a school that really IS family!
8. My health! This is something that I will truly never take for granted. It is a gift to be healthy.
9. My house! It’s nothing large but it’s special to me. It’s my home and my escape haven each day! Plus reliable transportation- Nothing fancy but I love Dolly, my Honda CRV.
10. The rain & thunderstorms… as I type this, it is raining & storming outside and sometimes, it really is just the best therapy to sit and listen to the rain/ storm!
11. Good music like Chris Tomlin, Casting Crowns, & Carrie Underwood! Yeah, those are my jams!
12. Cookies!! lololol! It’s my go- to for all of my sweet tooth cravings!
13. 4 seasons! I’m thankful to live in a place where we get to experience 4 seasons (most of the time!)
14. Christmas! It’s my favorite holiday because everyone and everything is just jolly around this time of year! Plus the meaning behind why we celebrate Christmas!!
15. My hometown! I love Clover and the fact that I was raised in such a small town that instilled important values in me.
16. Spartanburg! This city has helped shape me into the person that I am today! I love where I live!
17. Clean air! We once had an exchange student from China stay with us and when we asked him what he liked most about America, his response was, “clean air.” Wow! Talk about how humbling that made me feel!
18. Speaking of China, I teach students in China virtually and I’m so thankful for that job as well! It’s been a really cool experience for me!
19. My marriage! We were married on December 19th, 2015 so I saved this “grateful note” for number 19! lol! I’m thankful for my wedding day but also all the things that have come with a marriage: a best friend, life lessons, commitment, and so much love!
20. The church I grew up in and the church I attend now! They both have helped shape my relationship with Jesus and I’m thankful for that!
21. Neighbors! Harry and I have always had good neighbors who we end up forming neat relationships with!
22. Education experiences! From grade school, high school, college, grad school- I’m thankful for all of the relationships, lessons, and memories that were made!
23. Southern Charm Boutique! This place basically styles my every need but I’ve also formed the best relationships through this place!
24. All of the students who I have ever taught and will teach! I know each one is placed in my classroom with a purpose. They have each taught me something unique and special!
25. Traveling! I haven’t traveled much and I hope to travel a lot more. There is something so humbling about standing in a new place I’ve never been before and feeling so small yet grateful! New York City comes to mind as well as, standing in front of the ocean or the mountains.
26. Fun outings! This can be pumpkin patches in the fall or bachelor girls night on Monday nights! I love all fun “events!”
27. My birthday! This may sound silly but I love July 21st because I hear from people far and wide who I have crossed paths with during my lifetime. I love hearing from each and every person on my birthday! It fills me with joy and sweet memories!
28. I saved this “grateful note” for number 28. I’m thankful for the 28 years that I had with my MeMe before she passed! If you were able to experience her love and care, you were blessed!
29. I’m thankful for this little corner of the internet! It’s my little escape place to keep things happy and light online! 🙂
Dress is from Southern Charm Gifts!
I have a feeling 29 will be my best year yet!